Oregon is one of the states with the most Bigfoot sightings in the US, with hundreds of reports spanning over a century. Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is a legendary creature that is said to be half human, half ape, huge and heavily hairy. Many people believe that Bigfoot lives in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, especially in the remote and rugged areas of Oregon.
Some of the places where Bigfoot activity has been reported or investigated in Oregon are:
- The North American Bigfoot Center in Boring, a museum and research center founded by Cliff Barackman, a Bigfoot field researcher and co-host of Animal Planet’s “Finding Bigfoot”1. The center displays historical hand prints, footprints, and other evidence of Bigfoot’s existence, as well as a life-sized replica of the creature1.
- The Columbia Gorge Bigfoot Adventure Cruise, a scenic tour on the Columbia River that features stories and recordings of Bigfoot sightings and history in the region, narrated by Cliff Barackman1. The cruise also showcases the natural wonders of the Columbia River Gorge, such as Multnomah Falls and Bonneville Dam1.
- The Blue Mountain Bigfoot Research, a group of Bigfoot enthusiasts and researchers who offer guided tours and expeditions in the wilderness of Eastern and Central Oregon, where many Bigfoot encounters have been reported2. The tours range from six hours to an entire weekend, and include hiking, camping, and learning about Bigfoot behavior and ecology2.
- The Oregon Bigfoot Highway, a 71-mile stretch of scenic byway from Clackamas to Detroit, where many Bigfoot sightings have occurred over the last 100 years3. The highway passes through dense forests, mountains, and lakes, and offers opportunities for hiking, fishing, and camping3.
- The Oregon Bigfoot Festival, an annual event held in Troutdale in mid-August, that features famous Bigfoot enthusiasts and paranormal experts, as well as vendors, speakers, and activities related to Bigfoot culture and lore1. The festival also hosts a 5K Bigfoot run and a Bigfoot costume contest1.
These are some of the ways that Oregon shows its love and curiosity for Bigfoot, the elusive and mysterious creature that has captivated the imagination of many people for generations. Whether you are a believer or a skeptic, you can find something interesting and fun to explore in Oregon’s Bigfoot scene.
Your support Helps us pay for this site and conduct Analysis Research, everything helps… besides, you get Cool Bigfoot STUFF…